No fire at Humpty's restaurant

There was smoke but no fire, at around noon today at the Humpty’s Gas Station and Restaurant.

Fire Chief Fred Burrows confirms the building’s first-stage fire alarm went off today, after smoke started entering the building due to a burnout of a rooftop heating unit.

Chief Burrows says the burnout likely came as the result of the unit being underpowered, and having to overwork to compensate.

Burrows says there was no damage to the building, on Alaska Road, with the exception of lost revenues.

[asset|aid=744|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=a24d48d9629b3e4bed92ad26c054037c-Burrows-Humpties_1_Pub.mp3]

Chief Burrows says Hydro crews have been working all day to keep up with problems caused by freezing power lines.

You are reminded to always have emergency supplies ready in case of an outage.

Comments

Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.