Shed fire in Matthew's Park last night

A fire about 5:30 last evening in Fort St. John caused extensive damage, to the contents and interior of a detached garage at a residence, in the 91 hundred block, of 77th street. Fire Chief Fred Burrows says the shed housed seven sleds and a quad but, because the building was properly finished it held the fire and, the structure was saved.

He says one resident of the home, who tried to fight the fire was taken to hospital by ambulance, suffering from smoke inhalation.

The chief estimates the damage in excess of 100 thousand dollars but as yet, he says there’s no clear indication on the cause of fire.


Have something you'd like to add? Read our comment policy by clicking here.