Hamilton Janitorial Services - Hamilton Janitorial Services

hamilton janitorialPhone: (250) 264-7052
Email: sales@hamiltonjanitorial.com
Website: www.hamiltonjanitorial.com

A clean building says a lot about your business - it should project the kind of first class image you deserve. A clean building provides a safe, healthy environment for you, your employees and your visitors

Smoke detector saves Chetwynd woman's life

A smoke detector is being credited with saving the life of a Chetwynd woman after her house caught fire yesterday afternoon.

Around 1:40 p.m. Tuesday, the Chetwynd Fire Department was called to a house fire in the Hayward Subdivision. By the time firefighters arrived, the house was fully engulfed in flames.

A smoke detector is credited with saving the life of the woman living at the home, who narrowly escaped from the burning structure since she had been asleep at the time. The home was totally destroyed and the aforementioned tenant was hospitalized for smoke inhalation and a fall she incurred as she fled the burning building.  

The cause of the fire is believed to be a smoker which was left on the deck beside the entrance to the residence.